Billy Bush Officially Exits ‘Today’ Show After Donald Trump Video Leak


 |  | By 


Courtesy of WENN Newsdesk

Courtesy of WENN Newsdesk

Billy Bush has officially left Today after reaching an undisclosed settlement with bosses of the NBC network.

The 45-year-old host was initially suspended from the program after footage of him and Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump having a lewd conversation in 2005 was leaked earlier this month.


Now, following a long day of negotiations, his exit from NBC has been confirmed after he is said to have agreed to a financial deal with the network.

Bush said in a statement, “I am deeply grateful for the conversations I’ve had with my daughters, and for all of the support from family, friends and colleagues. I look forward to what lies ahead.”

Meanwhile, Noah Oppenheim, the NBC executive in charge of Today, wrote in a staff memo on Monday, Billy Bush will be leaving the Today show’s 9am hour, effective today.

“While he was a new member of the Today team, he was a valued colleague and longtime member of the broader NBC family. We wish him success as he goes forward.”

Bush came under fire for his involvement in the conversation when he was working for Access Hollywood, owned by NBCUniversal, in which he was taped in a hot-mic discussion with the business tycoon and future politician.

The tape was made prior to Trump making a cameo appearance in an episode of soap opera Days of Our Lives to promote his show The Apprentice.

In the video, which was recorded several months after he married his third wife Melania Trump, the businessman discussed a failed attempt to seduce TV host Nancy O’Dell, who previously worked at Access Hollywood.

He goes on to say “you can do anything” to women “when you’re a star” and also brags about trying to grope and kiss women.

Bush then tells Trump, 70, at one point “the Donald has scored” and also comments on a woman’s “good legs.”

The broadcaster, who is a married father of three and the nephew of former president George H.W. Bush, apologized in a statement after the video surfaced, admitting he was “embarrassed and ashamed.”

“It’s no excuse, but this happened 11 years ago – I was younger, less mature, and acted foolishly in playing along,” he said. “I’m very sorry.”


Share This Story On Facebook